Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mrs. Cribbs is BACK!! :) (Retests, Missing Assignments, etc.)

Hello ALL!
I am so glad to be back in hot, humid FLORIDA! Texas was nice, but I missed my home. If you have any questions or concerns you may now contact me by phone or email. Just a heads up about a few things:
- We will be retesting for failed tests/CIM checks soon. We will be doing this along and along. All retests will be completed by the end of the 9 weeks. No worries. :)
- If you notice that there is a missing assignment or an asterisk that means I have not yet posted a grade. This could be for two reasons: the assignment is not yet complete or a student was absent. If I am missing a grade, I will post it as MISSING. If a child doesn't turn in work, it will be counted as a zero (0).
- I have noticed that a lot of students are struggling on our weekly vocabulary tests. Please make sure that you are studying these words at home too.
- Reading/writing logs- I send home what I expect to be in the weekly log attached to the log itself. Please make sure to follow it.
- AR!! AR!!! AR!!!! We need to be reading books and testing. It will be part of the reading grade. However, I would mainly like to see students reading so they can reap the rich rewards of using their imaginations. (Plus you can earn prizes!!!!)
- I am also seeing students rushing through assignments! Remember there is NO prize for being first! Only prizes for first rate work!!!! (As and Bs)

Thanks so much for all you do!!
Love ya!
Mrs. Cribbs

No comments:

Post a Comment